Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things I Can't (or Don't Want to) Get Used To

1.  Looking up in order to look my granddaughter in the eye.
2.  People who "just love the hot weather."
3.  Paying for a roast beef what I used to pay for a tank of gas.
4.  Paying for a tank of gas what I used to pay to rent a house for a month.
5.  Checking caller ID even though I already know who's calling.
6.  George Bush (both of them).
7.  Having to ask someone under 20 years old to program my cell phone for me.
8.  Sodas in cans or plastic bottles.  (Yeah, this gripe goes way back to when we could cash in our RC Cola bottles for 12 cents of gas, which usually lasted us most of the week.)
9.  Having wrinkles on my hind end.  (No, I did not sunbathe in the all together.)
10.  My daughter's age.  A couple more years and she's going to be older than I am.

1 comment:

JihadGene said...

Carol- #10 was my favorite!JG